    RE: Towards Consensus on TCP Connections

    Doug,

    I am not sure that I agree with your architecture statements but I like to
    play with numbers (as most of the fellows engineers on this list probably
    do). What would be in your opinion
    reasonable requirements for command and data transfer rates for the next
    3-7 years?

    I would like to decouple that discussion from architecture - data rates can
    scale even in a shared
    architecture as mainframe channels have shown for years.

    I would rather like to understand if we can meet the data rates with
    reasonable latency.

    Julo

    "Douglas Otis" <dotis@sanlight.net> on 11/08/2000 21:14:13

    Please respond to "Douglas Otis" <dotis@sanlight.net>