    RE: Avoiding deadlock in iSCSI

    Unfortunately, "implementation issues" determine the complexity of a
    protocol and
    consequently, whether the benefits of the protocol are worth the cost.

    BTW, zero-copy TCP/IP stacks have a lot of caveats (e.g. memory alignment
    etc) which
    is why they have never made it to any operating system. There are rough
    implementations
    in Solaris, BSD and Linux but none of them are particularly close to being
    robust
    (I have tried them all).

    What we need is a rational cost-benfit analysis, not simply whether its
    just another
    implementation issue.

    Prasenjit

       Prasenjit Sarkar