    Re: iSCSI: Session Partial Resolution

    David,

    If we eliminate all support for multiple connections from the next version
    of the draft and have a separate draft for multiple connections, then we'll
    eventually end up with 2 different (incompatible) protocols. Depending on
    whether we have a single connection or multiple connections, the initiator
    and target will have to implement one or the other or both protocols. Some
    products that implement only one version will not be compatible with other
    products, etc, and we will have shot ourselves in the foot. The wide
    acceptance of iSCSI will be strongly influenced by the ability to
    inter-operate with all kinds of devices and products, many of which will
    greatly benefit from one of the various multiple-connection models.

    I recommend to try to focus on the question of the multiple-connection
    model to see if we can at least agree that one or more of them sufficiently
    satisfies the requirements, and then choose one of the satisfactory models.
    Even if we can't agree on which model is the best, I think we can
    more-or-less agree on which of the models is at least good enough.

    - Kalman Meth

    Black_David@emc.com on 19/09/2000 22:22:20

    Please respond to Black_David@emc.com