    RE: iSCSI: Flow Control

    As I said earlier:

    "..........even if the TCP connection only serviced a single LUN, you'd
    still want to keep the pipeline flowing to insure that SCSI task management
    commands would eventually get serviced."

    > .......................................................My lack of
    > understanding comes from my NFS background where NFS over TCP in
    > practice doesn't have a flow control problem even though it is common
    > to mux multiple mount points over a single connection.  The simple
    > reason why this is not a problem is because the initiator (client)
    > doesn't issue more requests to the target (export point) than it can
    > buffer. The question is if the protocol expects the initiator to
    > send more commands than a LUN can queue. If so this can be defended
    > against either statically at session establishment (assumes command
    > queues lengths are static) or dynamic flow control.

    Agreed.  If there is agreement that this is an issue, a solution along those
    lines might be possible.  As I recall, though, there seemed to be a rough
    consensus that any policy for regulating control traffic should be specified
    in SAM-xx (i.e. by the T10 committee), not within iSCSI.  There seemed to be
    no consensus on whether or not this was an ips problem, however.

    Charles