    RE: iSCSI: Flow Control

    Title: RE: iSCSI: Flow Control

    We implement a device with a buffer of 32MB. Maybe that is not a 'modern buffer' - I dunno. When a transfer exceeds that size, a RTT-like mechanism will be needed. No matter how modern the buffer is, implemented with arbitrarily cheap memory, there will be some limit that cannot be exceeded without breaking the desired transfer into multiple physical transfers, with the target informing the initiator when it can accept more data (RTT).

    Joe