    Re: Submission of draft under the IPS working group

    Marjorie & Randy,

    Nice work.

    Several comments:

    - initiator on a well known port - this is against common practice and will
    make life difficult for large servers that connect to a multiplicity of
    targets using one address and several ports. Firewalls and proxies know how
    to handle this (there are things like protocol headers to look into and
    statefull inspection) and those who don't better learn how to do it.  You
    may want to remove this.

    - TCP is a "well respected" protocol  - I learn new English every day on
    this list - until now I thought that respected is a word reserved for gods
    and humans :)- THIS LINE IS a joke

    - connection bundling - the document should be updated to the current
    consensus that connection bundling MUST be supported by the protocol
    specification as an OPTIONAL feature

    - framing is important but it is a bit overstated in the document (for my
    taste). I would suggest to recommend finding an acceptable framing
    technique but not mandating it

    - US-Exportable... although I understand the concern IETF is an
    international organization

    "KRUEGER,MARJORIE (HP-Roseville,ex1)" <marjorie_krueger@hp.com> on
    18/11/2000 00:33:35

    Please respond to "KRUEGER,MARJORIE (HP-Roseville,ex1)"
          <marjorie_krueger@hp.com>