    RE: [Q] simple question about a Task.

    Hi:

    I believe the requirement in SAM-2 is that only one command may be "pending"
    for a task at any time.  That is, the initiator may not send the next in a
    sequence of linked commands until it receives a status  of INTERMEDIATE or
    INTERMEDIATE-CONDITION met for the pending command.

    In my opinion, therefore, the scenario you describe should result in an
    error condition. Trying to send a new CDB using the same tag while another
    command with that tag is pending should cause the task to be terminated with
    a CHECK COINDITION status.

    Charles