    Yes -- you are correct regarding the level of FC-4 transparency once an
    N_PORT login session has been established.

    As I've noted, our design goal was storage, since that accounts for the vast
    bulk of FC device implementations. This, in turn, drove the definition of
    the set of FC link service requests requiring augmentation.

    Charles
    Charles Monia
    Senior Technology Consultant
    Nishan Systems