    RE: Urgent as Framing Hint?

    Doug - you are (again) quoting snippets out-of-context and misrepresenting
    the discussions in IPS.
    The main reason SCTP is not yet considered is maturity. Nobody is going to
    "bet-its-bussiness" on it
    for the next 2 years and there where no compelling reasons to go for this
    route (for a while).  TCP is simple and good and IPS has no mandate and no
    intentions to ask for changes.   However many of us don't see TCP as dead
    as Latin and
    are convinced that new applications and network technology will "induce"
    changes (even if slow like in any mature area).

    Julo

    "Douglas Otis" <dotis@sanlight.net> on 29/11/2000 03:00:57

    Please respond to "Douglas Otis" <dotis@sanlight.net>