    Re: iscsi : Fragmentation & Reassembly issues in iSCSI.

    Santosh,

    The F bit is used to indicate the end of a sequence that is "sort-of"
    atomic (like an R2T or the initial burst).  There might be some parameter
    negotiations that we want to be atomic (like the login phase) and we might
    end-up using the F bit there. But I will NOT mandate the use of the F bit
    in any sequence only due to the (rather academic) fragmentation aspect you
    mention. Initiator and target builders should be able to have enough buffer
    space for all the keys they use.

    Julo

    Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com> on 21/01/2001 21:29:12

    Please respond to Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>