    Re: iSCSI: DataRN

    Santosh,

    The ACK for a response is when status is ACKed (by the status numbering).

    Before this ack a target has several options for restart:

       to keep all the data (recall we have dropped DataRN) and "restart
       sending".
       not to keep data and reject the command restart with a service response
       (that we have to specify) of restart reject (your tape target may want
       to do just this)
    Alternatively we may want in the restart to indicate the phase the command
    was in (Data Transfer or Status) and to let the target react accordingly
    but I am not sure it is worth the effort.

    Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com> on 23/01/2001 20:56:34

    Please respond to Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>