    Re: iSCSI: DataRN

    julian_satran@il.ibm.com wrote:

    > Santosh,
    >
    > The current draft has status numbering as SHOULD and that is (as it was
    > pointed out to me) almost mandatory.
    > Considering that the consensus at Orlando and on the list was to make CmdRN
    > (now CmdSN) mandatory even for one connection I don't see any reason not to
    > make StatSN support also mandatory .

    Julian,

    Using the above reasoning, one could also suggest that, considering
    the consensus to remove DataSN and all its complexity and the choice
    to re-start a command from scratch, the StatSN also could be
    considered for removal. (?)

    The StatSN is comparable with DataSN, more than CmdSN (which is
    required to enforce ordering.). Both DataSN and StatSN were defined to
    allow for partial recovery and the WG consensus in Orlando was that
    the complexity of doing a partial recovery was not worth the
    benefit it may provide.

    Regards,
    Santosh

    begin:vcard
    n:Rao;Santosh
    tel;work:408-447-3751
    x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    org:Hewlett Packard, Cupertino.;SISL
    adr:;;19420, Homestead Road, M\S 43LN,	;Cupertino.;CA.;95014.;USA.
    version:2.1
    email;internet:santoshr@cup.hp.com
    title:Software Design Engineer
    x-mozilla-cpt:;21088