    RE: iSCSI: INQUIRY page 0x83 identifier

    I agree that SPC should not reference FC-PH, FC-PH3, and FC-FS for
    VPD "Device Identifier" type 3h, especially given that iSCSI and
    InfiniBand SRP devices will want to use that format.

    We could describe the format in SPC-3 itself, making sure to match
    the existing FC formats.  We could leave out some of the choices,
    perhaps only documenting the 64-bit IEEE Registered and 128-bit
    IEEE Registered Extended formats.

    For reference, the FC-FS formats are:
    * IEEE (48 bits, 802.1A universal LAN MAC address)
    * IEEE Extended (48 bits + 12 more bits)
    * Locally assigned (60 bits)
    * IP (32-bit IPv4 + 32 bits of padding)
    * IEEE registered (24-bit company ID +
      36-bit vendor-specified identifier)
    * IEEE registered extended (24-bit company ID +
      36-bit vendor-specified identifier +
      64 bit vendor-specified identifier extension)
    * CCITT individual address (60 bits)
    * CCITT group address (60 bits)

    (the 4 bit NAA field identifying the naming authority increases
    these to 64 bits each, except for registered extended which is
    128 bits)