    RE: iSCSI Framing Formats

    FYI, I don't know which approach has been decided either.

    I recommend these, and in particular, TLV headers (Type, Length, Value).
    TLV headers are used for IP options, for instance.  Fixed length usually
    implies overhead for short messages, periodic marker implies the need to
    escape inband data, etc.  Finally, these other approaches aren't expandable
    for future standards.

    > 2.  TCP aware approach suggests: Urgent pointer, and PSH bit.
    > I found that there are some objections about using Urgent point
    > and PSH bit because the TCP has to be modified.

    Terrible.  There is no agreement on the meaning of the UP and all stacks
    that I know of ignore PSH as well as there being no user-level way of
    setting it on any OS I've used.

    I'm curious too.  What approach(es) are supported?

    -Nate