    RE: iSCSI Framing Formats

    Mike & All,

    We don't want this thread to be started again in this forum.
    For anything related to framing go to the TSWG or to the RDMA mailing list.

    Julo

    "Mike Parkhurst" <mike@integrix.com> on 10-07-2001 02:23:54

    Please respond to mike@integrix.com

    To:   tnguyen@perfisans.com, ips@ece.cmu.edu, Julian
          Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL, steph@cs.uchicago.edu
    cc:
    Subject:  RE: iSCSI Framing Formats

    Hello All,

    I've had the same thoughts after reading the spec. Pardon my lack of
    knowledge as to the previous discussions, but why not use a framing bit
    pattern as a marker? Pick some 32 bit number, anything but all zeros or
    ones would work, and prefix each header with it. If there is a packet
    loss then the receiver can scan for the next "possible" marker. Once a
    marker pattern is found the receiver then does a sanity check on the
    header. If it passes then the receiver is re-synced. If not then the
    search continues until a valid marker & header is found.

    Mike Parkhurst