    iSCSI: SendTargets in login or FFP?

    The spec says:

      An initiator can log into this default target [iSCSI]
      name, and use a command called "SendTargets" to retrieve a list of
      iSCSI targets that exist at that address

    I assume this means the SendTargets would be used in Full Feature Phase ...
    the initiator would login using TargetName=iSCSI. That would get into FFP
    and then the initiator would use SendTargets= to get the list of targets.
    Then, login again with the appropriate target.

    The spec says:

      In full feature phase the initiator may send SCSI
      commands and data to the various LUs on the target by wrapping them
      in iSCSI PDUs that go over the established iSCSI session.

    That means the target has to do something if a CDB is received to the iSCSI
    canonical target. The spec doesn't give any suggestions here. I am assuming
    the target would give a reject PDU with a reason of "Protocol Error" (code
    5).

    Do you agree that this is what should happen?

    We shouldn't require that the target enter FFP when it would not be valid to
    send a CDB. I think SendTargets should be done only at LO or IO time and
    that iSCSI should not get you into FFP. That would simplify coding.

    Eddy_Quicksall@iVivity.com