    Re: iSCSI: SecurityContextComplete without operational parameters

    OK

    Julo

    "Eddy Quicksall" <EQuicksall@mediaone.net> on 24-07-2001 15:55:05

    Please respond to "Eddy Quicksall" <EQuicksall@mediaone.net>

    To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
    cc:   ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject:  iSCSI: SecurityContextComplete without operational parameters

    In section "4.2 iSCSI Security and Integrity Negotiation", it would be best
    if the target is required to send SecurityContextComplete=yes without any
    new operational parameters within the same PDU.

    It makes coding cleaner because the initiator can have a simple
    send/receive
    loop that pops out when security is complete. If operational parameters are
    allowed with SecurityContextComplete=yes, the initiator's security module
    must also have operational parameter code or it must set flags, leave
    information in buffers, etc that all create messy code.

    The spec says:

               If the initiator has been the last to complete the handshake it
               MUST NOT start sending operational parameters within the same
               text command.

    How about if we say the same thing for the target? There shouldn't be any
    harm because I suspect everyone is doing that anyway.

    Comments?

    Eddy_Quicksall@iVivity.com