    RE: iSCSI: SessionTypes

    I agree completely with Jim's comments, and would add that any "vendor
    specific" behavior should stay in the vendor specific arena, and not be
    specified in any manner in the protocol spec.  It seems to me that a
    copymanager implementation could have different authentication methods on a
    target (based on initiator name) without any special treatment in the iSCSI
    protocol.

    In addition,  I am seriously dismayed to see more "new features" creeping
    into the protocol via draft 07 that haven't been discussed on the IPS list,
    and seem in no way to represent any group concensis.  At this rate the draft
    will *never* reach RFC status.

    Marjorie Krueger
    Networked Storage Architecture
    Networked Storage Solutions Org.