    Re: TargetAlias/InitiatorAlias text commands

    I don't agree.  Although TargetAlias and InitiatorAlias are not
    used within the SendTargets response, they ARE specified as being
    sent during the login phase.  Basically, the initiator would send
    its InitiatorAlias whenever it sends InitiatorName, and the target
    would send back TargetAlias within the login response.  This enables
    initiators and targets to have non-unique, user-friendly names
    apart from their iSCSI names, and a way to communicate them.  These
    can then be used within a user interface as specified in the
    NDT document's alias section.

    I really do think that these add value; gateways such as ours
    provide access to multiple targets, which the user is allowed to
    name.  These names are not necessarily globally-unique, but they
    are meaningful to the user.  A method to communicate these names
    provides a method to give a user that warm, fuzzy feeling that
    he or she has found the right drive.

    Keep in mind that some target and initiator names may be based
    on EUI-64, and will basically be a bunch of hex digits.  This
    was not very friendly or usable with Fibre Channel; why should
    we make the same mistake?

    --
    Mark

    --