    RE: iSCSI draft-07 Padding

    • To: <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • Subject: RE: iSCSI draft-07 Padding
    • From: "Robert Griswold" <rgriswold@Crossroads.com>
    • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:38:26 -0500
    • content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    I am generally in agreement with those discussing the 'bad iSCSI'
    behavior on this thread, but am reluctant to spend too many words
    defining implementation guidelines in the body of the specification.  By
    Julian using 'should' we allow the bad to take place, but do not lock
    out the unknown legitimate use of such a transfer.  I would like to
    think that if the I_T nexus can operate on a set of parameters governing
    communication, and within the bounds of the transport and protocol, that
    the communication would be allowed to take place.  A simple annex or
    white paper would be good to explain why not to do something bad.

    Bob

    Robert Griswold
    Technologist
    Crossroads Systems, Inc.