    Re: iSCSI: R2T and Bidi R2T

    Mark,

    I am not sure what the usage pattern will be. There are 2 different bits
    for SCSI so they must have had a reason to keep them separate and I think
    that so should we.

    Julo

    Mark Bakke <mbakke@cisco.com>@cisco.com on 09-08-2001 17:49:11

    Please respond to Mark Bakke <mbakke@cisco.com>

    Sent by:  mbakke@cisco.com

    To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL, IPS <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    cc:
    Subject:  iSCSI: R2T and Bidi R2T

    Julian-

    I received some comments on the iSCSI MIB about the fact
    that if InitialR2T and BidiInitialR2T are not independent,
    then they should be combined into the same variable instead
    of negotiated separately.

    Since we don't do anything with bi-directional data right
    now, I hadn't looked at this before, but is it possible
    to have InitialR2T=yes with BidiInitialR2T=no?  If not,
    then we should probably combine them into:

    InitialR2T=<all|bidi-only|none>

    or something like that.

    Any thoughts?  Is there someone out there planning to use the
    Bidi stuff who can comment?

    Mark A. Bakke
    Cisco Systems
    mbakke@cisco.com