    Re: CmdSN during login

    Mallikarjun,

    I do realize that there are cases when the whole of the login sequence have
    to be executed "out of order".
    There are however cases when the login has to be executed in order (e.g.,
    after an abort or after a logoout).
    This is why I think that no new mechanism is needed (not considering them
    unnumbered by default) and the Immediate command flag will cover all the
    needs (together with the "one outstanding command" rule that holds for
    login).
    The confusion previously quote is when does numbering start and that is
    from the first command of the first login.
    For the leading login (the one creating a session) having the commands
    immediate or not is less relevant as
    those are the only commands arriving and no other connection can be
    established.

    "Mallikarjun C." <cbm@rose.hp.com>@ece.cmu.edu on 10-08-2001 17:54:38

    Please respond to cbm@rose.hp.com

    Sent by:  owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu