    FW: draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-05

    I've found a couple of nits that I found in the current FC over IP IEFT
    draft.

    on PDF page 16, I noticed that there are 26 tests in total mentioned in a)
    through m), so the correct number on the last line of that page should be 24
    instead of 21.

    On PDF page 24, paragraph 8.3, I would like to see us add to the end of the
    paragraph the words " and notification".  And based on our experiences with
    a number of FC over ATM products the word SHOULD in the next to last line of
    that paragraph needs to become a SHALL.  This way any FC over IP device will
    inform the local switch it is attached to any time there is a loss of the
    intersite link.  Without this forced notification the two switches connected
    by the intersite link created with the FC over IP devices may never know if
    the link fails once it is established.

    on the top of PDF page 25, I believe we should we add the following 3rd
    paragraph:

    	3) When there are disparate windows / buffer sizes between the FC
    network and the IP network.

    		Even with compatible speeds there may conditions during
    normal operation of the FC fabric or the IP network
    		where congestion is caused by disparate window and/or buffer
    sizes. For example a device on a short link with
    		a small buffer talking with a device that is a attached to a
    long distance link and a corresponding large buffer.

    on the bottom of page 27, next to last line, we probably need to re-phrase
    the words "low latency" to "low latency appropriate for the distances
    involved".

    on PD page 38, figure 10, add the words to the effect that on closing the
    TCP/IP connection the device should also close the FC Switch connection.

    Finally if we drop DLY_LIM, we need to modify paragraphs on pages 5, 18, 20,
    and 23.

    Don Fraser