    RE: iSCSI: Option Preference (was Login Proposal)

    That really makes the most sense to me.  IMO, having the initiator "request"
    authmethods is kind of a waste of bits.  The model I have in mind is that a
    target basicly has one AuthMethod and all initiators that want to access it
    either MUST use that AuthMethod (external "storage service provider" model)
    or may either use that AuthMethod or none.  I'm having a hard time imagining
    poor little targets implementing multiple authMethods in the same box and
    actually allowing initiators with different authMethods to access it
    simultaneously.  In any case, seems like there's little value in having the
    initiator offer a list of AuthMethods.  Makes more sense for the initiator
    to request login, and the target to return the required AuthMethod.  If the
    initiator can't handle it, it terminates the exchange.  That's my
    understanding of how client-server auth relationships usually work.
    Actually, typically the client is simply expected to know the required
    AuthMethod (thru configuration) and begins the exchange by requesting
    authorization.

    Marj