    FCIP: PDF files

    David, Bob,

    There are many PDF files generated in relation to the
    FCIP work, just ask Larry Lamers he is keeping a tally
    of the megabytes.

    A pair of TXT/PDF files can be and has been generated
    for the 05 revision of FCIP.  Both of these files can
    be found on Julian's web site. The text in both is
    identical (and the pagination is close to +/- three words).
    However, the PDF file contains changes bars.  In the case
    of the draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-05 on Julian's web site,
    the change bars reflect changes since 04.

    Hopefully, change bars are considered non-substantive
    by the I-D office and the PDF can still go through.

    The development process for FCIP employs several other
    PDF files.  In all cases, the text is the text for the
    interim draft (and a .txt file can easily be generated
    with the same text).  What is missing from the text files
    are the working notes and discussion issues.

    My understanding is that it is the working notes that
    are of key importance to this reflector, and that the
    I-D office is not the issue here.

    Still, I would guess that the I-D office would judge the
    working notes annotations in the PDF files as non-substantive
    too, as what the draft says is still available in text form.

    What is not available in text form and what I am not willing
    to convert to text form in any meaningful way are the working
    notes, which as noted above appear to be the critical issue
    vis-a-vis this reflector.

    One would not put these in the draft and the notes without
    pointers to the draft text (implicit in the PDF) are meaningless.

    Having heard no objections to posting the interim PDF
    files on the T11 web site and mailing pointers to this
    reflector, I plan to implement that mechanism following
    the interim meeting.

    Thanks.

    Ralph...