    iSCSI: SCSI arch model mapping for iSCSI

    There a presentation scheduled at the London IETF on the current state of
    the SCSI architectural model mapping for iSCSI.  The lively discussion
    resulting from other topics squeezed the meetings into overtime and I wasn't
    able to give the presentation, however I've posted it on our website for
    everyone's viewing pleasure.  The URL is http://storage-arch.hp.com and the
    presentation is under the "SAM2-iSCSI Model slides" link.

    I just wanted to reiterate here the most important summary of rules for
    iSCSI implementations.  Some of these are rules (MUSTs) and some are merely
    suggestions for ease of implementation and desired behavior.

    Initiators:
    	-MUST assign a unique ISID for each session to a
           target portal group.
    	-SHOULD partition ISID namespace between "session
           managers" (eg, HBA)
    	-Initiator name should be associated with the
           OS image

    Targets:
    	-MUST enforce uniqueness rules
    	-SHOULD partition TSID namespace between target portal
           groups (session managers)

    There is a more comprehensive discussion of the model and reasoning, as well
    as examples in the slides.

    Marjorie Krueger
    Networked Storage Architecture
    Networked Storage Solutions Org.