    Re: iscsi : DataPDULength can differ in each direction.

    Julo,

    > If they cooperate they have to share goals. The parameters you quoted
    > don't make sense per connection.
    > PDUlength makes a lot of sense.

    Just so I understand what you're saying you mean that

    > > you
    > > either have to adopt the greatest common denominator approach (i.e. limit
    > > connections to the intersection of all individual feature sets)

    is the approach you are advocating and each operating system vendor is going
    to have to develop that code if they expect to support a multi-vendor
    configuration with spanning sessions?

    Dave

    > Julo
    >

    > Dave Sheehy <dbs@acropora.rose.agilent.com>
    > Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    > 08-10-01 22:43
    > Please respond to Dave Sheehy
    >

    >         To:     ips@ece.cmu.edu (IETF IP SAN Reflector)
    >         cc:
    >         Subject:        Re: iscsi : DataPDULength can differ in each direction.
    >

    > Julian,
    >
    > > Implementation is not a session parameter :-)
    >
    > The implementation directly affects the values that a session acquire
    > though. :-)
    >
    > > What do you mean by an implementation specific parameter?  Is it that
    > > every connection has a different implementation and they cooperate?
    >
    > That is the scenario I'm addressing. There has been discussion of late
    > which has indicated that initiators may have several different vendors
    > products (i.e. implementations) installed at once and that it is expected
    > that a session may span those multiple implementations. Each of those
    > implementations will have its own constraints and limitations. So, you
    > either have to adopt the greatest common denominator approach (i.e. limit
    > connections to the intersection of all individual feature sets) or you
    > allow
    > each connection to conform to the implementation that it resides on.
    >
    > Dave
    >

    > --=_alternative 007343E2C2256ADF_=

    > &gt; Implementation is not a session parameter :-)<br>
    > The implementation directly affects the values that a session acquire <br>
    > though. :-)<br>
    > &gt; What do you mean by an implementation specific parameter? &nbsp;Is it that <br>
    > &gt; every connection has a different implementation and they cooperate?<br>
    > That is the scenario I'm addressing. There has been discussion of late <br>
    > which has indicated that initiators may have several different vendors <br>
    > products (i.e. implementations) installed at once and that it is expected <br>
    > that a session may span those multiple implementations. Each of those <br>
    > implementations will have its own constraints and limitations. So, you <br>
    > either have to adopt the greatest common denominator approach (i.e. limit <br>
    > connections to the intersection of all individual feature sets) or you allow <br>
    > each connection to conform to the implementation that it resides on.<br>
    > Dave<br>
    > --=_alternative 007343E2C2256ADF_=--

Last updated: Mon Oct 08 20:17:44 2001
7138 messages in chronological order