    Re: iSCSI: SCSI Iniitator port: a simple approach, acceptable?

    Somesh,

    I don't understand your concern voiced below.

    A session spanning multiple adapters requires the host resident session
    manager to co-ordinate assignment of initiator task tag, cmdsn,
    exp_cmdsn & max_cmdsn, [over and beyond the usual initiator name &
    ISID/TSID].

    The initiator task tag & cmdsn can be passed down from the session
    manager to the HBA in a mailbox command, as a part of issuing a new
    iscsi command, and the (exp_cmdsn, max_cmdsn) values can be updated to
    the host resident session manager by the HBA as a part of conveying a
    mailbox command completion. There are no extra host interrupts in normal
    I/O paths due to the presence of a host resident session manager.

    If you're referring to locking overheads, then, these can be optimized
    out.

    I don't see why a host resident session manager affects performance of a
    multi-connection session ?

    Regards,
    Santosh

    --