    Reject PDUs and the F bit

    I haev a question about the following text in section 9.17.1 of 12-97
    (which I don't think's changed):

         In all the cases in which a pre-instantiated SCSI task is terminated
         because of the reject, the target MUST issue a proper SCSI command
         response with CHECK CONDITION as described in Section 9.4.3 Response.
         In those cases in which a status for the SCSI task was already sent
         before the reject no additional status is required. If the error is
         detected while data from the initiator is still expected (the com-
         mand PDU did not contain all the data and the target has not received
         a Data-out PDU with the Final bit 1), the target MUST wait until it
         receives the Data-out PDU with the F bit set to 1 before sending the
         Response PDU.

    I'm confused on two points:

    1) When do we need to send a Reject PDU if we're also sending a SCSI
    Response that indicates error status? i.e. why send two PDUs? Is it to
    provide both iSCSI and SCSI status?

    2) I have a question about the, "If the error is detected while data from
    the initiator is still expected ..." part. Say the command was an iSCSI
    write, and I have three outstanding R2Ts. Part way through I realize that
    I want to error away the task (for whatever reason). Am I correct in
    reading the above text as saying I have to wait for all of my outstanding
    R2Ts to close (send the F bit), or do I only have to wait for one to
    close?

    Take care,

    Bill

Last updated: Fri Jun 14 20:18:49 2002