    RE: DRAFT Pittsburgh ips Minutes

    This is an accurate description of what was said. One additional and
    relevant element in the discussion was the proposal made my Brian Carpenter
    to mandate implementations to
    "understand" any form of encryption and authentication but indicate that
    support or lack of support when asked.

    That might be appropriate for simple controllers aimed at closed
    environments
    and deferring authentication/encryption  to a "proxy" (a firewall) for all
    relevant flows.

    I assume that we will also want to specifically state which security
    elements are mandatory
    for an initiator and which for a target.

    Julo

    Black_David@emc.com on 12/08/2000 03:38:16

    Please respond to Black_David@emc.com