    RE: Towards Consensus on TCP Connections

    Peter,

    Firewire has many strikes against it for broad acceptance.  It uses an
    imbalanced pair to identify the PHY.  Licensed PHY from Apple at a cost per
    port with mode use restricted.  Limited range of the copper solution does
    not satisfy most commercial environments.  No aggregation as Firewire is a
    half-duplex daisy chain.   Although possible to use as a typical SCSI target
    with IP, it is not for storage.  With that said, indeed, implementing any IP
    standard on any medium would be encouraged.

    Doug