    RE: Towards Consensus on TCP Connections

    Peter,

    iSCSI intertwines LUN states to save TCP overhead.  In doing so, one tag
    error sorting millions of tags within the mid-stream point of aggregation
    (the iSCSI design) necessitates a catastrophic system reset.  With FC over
    IP, the end point handles errors in accordance to the FC protocol such as
    FCP-2 with simple frame aligned objects.  I count an additional complex
    state machine in the middle of the communication path for iSCSI in addition
    to new adapters with complex (INSANE) state machines at the client.  A
    switch or a router would be a far safer choice for aggregation.

    Doug