    Re: FC/IP vs. iSCSI

    I'm certainly inclined to agree. The sole realistic purpose of requirements
    I've seen to date FC/IP is to utilize an existing FC environment so that
    management and data go over the same wire. If you're carrying SCSI over TCP/IP
    now, it's somewhat absured to try and carry FC/IP over the same transport.
    It's as if you want to tunnel TCP/IP over TCP/IP, which is a cute trick, but a
    trick for all that.

    If you have an existing FC optical environment, it could probably run
    GigEthernet just as well- and it then becomes a question as to whether iSCSI
    serves the systems and applications as well or better than FC-SCSI or FC/IP
    over the same physical media.

    -matt