    Re: Towards Consensus on TCP connections

    Jeff Fellin wrote...

    ------------------
    If we don't use the SCSI-GPP than I propose changing the one LUN per
    TCP connection group to be a SCSI target id that multiplexes all LUN's
    of the target id onto the connection group. I believe this will decrease
    the amount of connections and provide data channels for large transfers.
    _______________

    Thanks Jeff, We went through the same documents and reached the same
    conclusion.

    Errors are handled better that in the basic parallel SCSI and it has a neat
    CRC mechanism
    at predefined points in the stream. We hope to achieve the same result with
    a digest+CRC
    mechanism.

    The sentence quoted above from your note ... I am not sure that I
    understand it.
    The LUN in iSCSI is carried in the packet and the target-id is mostly
    implied except for
    third party commands (and the name sent with the login).

    What did you have in mind?