    Re: FC/IP vs. iSCSI

    "Rodriguez, Elizabeth G (Elizabeth)" <egrodriguez@lucent.com> writes:

    > All,
    >
    > The purpose of FC over IP is to extend FC networks with minimal impact to
    > existing devices and existing installations.
    > It is not intended to be an iSCSI equivalent/counterpart, e.g. I would not
    > expect someone to put FC over IP into an end device.  It is really intended
    > to be something put into a switch, not at an endpoint.

    Elizabeth,

    You have never represented FC/IP as anything but a tunneling/bridging
    solution.  I believe tunneling is an application where FC/IP has
    interesting story to tell.

    My e-mail was meant to respond to those who would propose FC/IP as
    an alternative to iSCSI for other applications, e.g. connecting
    storage to the Internet.

    I apologize if it came across as an assault on your good work in this
    area.

    -Costa