    RE: FC/IP vs. iSCSI

    Costa,

    For FC over IP, the implementers must make it compliant for use on the
    Internet in obtaining IETF approval.  As the IPS charter would encompass
    such an effort, there is no reason for excluding FC over SCTP/IP.  In
    reality, the iSCSI proposal was to a be a modification for a Fibre-Channel
    controller.  A complete and unaltered encapsulation is the most
    straightforward approach and likely with the lowest overhead and risk.

    Doug