    RE: iSCSI: Flow Control

    Michael Krause,
    First, a session usually lasts from Boot Time till it is Booted again or
    stopped.  The variant to this is a Storage Device being used in a manor
    like a Mount or Map done with NAS.  Even then, most folks, have that setup
    so the Mounting and Mapping is done at bring up, though it is sometimes
    done at other times, but even then it is left around.  So I think the thing
    you can say about Session Time as the term is used in the iSCSI context is
    that it is LONG.

    I do not think we have consensus about the notification of available
    buffers.  With the way many systems work, is (as stated above), all devices
    are set up at startup of the Host, and the Session is kept around by the
    Host, even if there hasn't been anything which use that device all
    day/week, etc.  So I am not sure if having a certain amount of buffer space
    reserved for each Host (which could be 100s-1000s) would be an especially
    good idea.
    .
    .
    .