    Memos and Internet-Drafts

    > It has been dicussed extensively.   There is even a memo describing it on
    > the document area of the Mail Archive.

    I'm sorry to have to ding Julian on this publicly, but this sort
    of use of "memo"s has got to stop.  The only working documents
    of this WG are Internet-Drafts.  The memos that Julian refers to
    that are not Internet-Drafts will vanish off that web site in the near
    future - if it's important enough to save for future reference, it's
    important enough to write up and submit as an Internet-Draft.
    An example of the problems that not writing Internet-Drafts
    causes is that since nobody's written that memo up as one,
    it cannot be put on the agenda or discussed in San Diego, period.

    Sorry to (virtually) pound the table, but this is important ...

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500