    RE: iSCSI: Towards Urgent Pointer Consensus

    David,

    It is not unreasonable to request a fuller picture of intent. I think you
    will find my concerns similar to Randall's with respect to the single Urgent
    Pointer used in the stack according to the TCP specification without looking
    at implementations.  With that said, I suspect those advocating use of the
    Urgent Pointer are not concerned about TCP limitations.  To move past the
    areas of concern Randall has observed, next would be how this mechanism will
    be used assuming its generation is not an obstacle.  I can become creative
    about how it may be used, but those proposing such a mechanism owe the group
    their concept.  If I decry a problem, my imagination may not be as clever as
    yours or theirs and thus waste time and incur the ire of the chair.  As a
    general guideline, implementations which impact normal application API
    should provide an outline of the revised API.

    Doug