    iSCSI: Urgent and Framing

    The Urgent discussion has passed the point where it's
    time for your WG co-chair to say something about consensus.
    Needless to say, we don't have consensus, and will have to
    discuss this further in San Diego ...

    ... and now for something completely different*.

    The Transport Area Directors have asked to have the ips WG
    agenda in San Diego include an overview and discussion of
    both the framing problem(s) and possible solutions.  Aside
    from noting that the iSCSI Urgent mechanism is a proposed
    solution to one form of the framing problem, I'd prefer
    to leave complete definition and explanation of the various
    forms of the framing problem to this session.

    The primary goal of this session in San Diego is to make sure
    that the framing requirements/needs/desires of the ips WG's
    protocols are well understood.  People who would like to discuss
    the Urgent mechanism between now and the San Diego meeting
    should keep in mind that we are going to take up the framing
    problem(s) from first principles there.  The currently proposed
    Urgent mechanism is not the only solution, as a number of other
    possibilities will be discussed.  More information will become
    available in the near future (e.g., when we get the San Diego
    agenda published in the next few days).

    In addition, a summary of the iSCSI Urgent mechanism has been
    posted to the end2end mailing list for comments from that
    community.

    *Yes, that is a Monty Python reference ;-).

    Thanks in advance for everyone's patience with this,

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500