    Re: TCP limitations (was Re: ISCSI: Urgent Flag requirement violates TCP.)

    Jim,

    I think that Matt is approaching the problem correctly.
    In a world of interoperable devices you can't require this type of
    alignment for implementations that
    are neither bound nor willing to use it. Moreover outboard machines,
    proxies, caching devices can do havoc to
    your initial alignment since they are neither aware and/or willing to use
    them.
    Your stuff can work only as an option or at least an initially negotiated
    option and as such it is out-of-bounds for this WG.

    "Jim Williams" <jimw@giganet.com> on 29/11/2000 19:00:32

    Please respond to "Jim Williams" <jimw@giganet.com>