    Re: iSCSI draft 02: logout

    Matt and Somesh-

    I agree that a target should be allowed to do this.  I would
    agree with either a separate command or an addition to the
    async_event.  This would be extremely useful when rebooting a
    target, or performing a manual shutdown, to ensure a smooth
    failover.

    I would add a second timer to the one specified by Somesh, and
    have these determined by the target, and communicated as part of
    the message.  How about these:

    1) Open time - the amount of time the connection will remain
       available (e.g. the time until the reboot or shutdown occurs).

    2) Wait time - the amount of time to wait after the reboot, before
       attempting a new connection to the same address.  This would
       normally be the expected amount of time for the target to reboot,
       or for the address to become available via a failover to another
       unit.

    After receiving this message, the initiator would stop sending
    new commands, try to let any currently-executing commands finish,
    and perform a normal connection logout.  It would then wait for
    (open time + wait time) before attempting a new connection.

    I would expect these timers to normally be a few seconds each, but
    perhaps milliseconds would be an appropriate unit measure.

    --
    Mark