    RE: NOP-Out clarification

    Ashish,

    TCP already guarantees data delivery. Data Numbering was there to enable
    long running input operation to recover faster (repeating only unacked data
    after a restart).  And many members of this list (not all) felt it was
    adding to much complexity for what it bought.

    As for scoreboarding in all SCSI protocols the target is supposed to do its
    job and the delivery subsystem to deliver. The initiator is not supposed to
    do scoreboarding (it can do for completeness but it is not required to) and
    has to report exceptions (including counters for overrun/underrun) as they
    where conveyed by the target.

    Julo

    "Choubal, Ashish" <ashish.choubal@intel.com> on 19/01/2001 02:07:46

    Please respond to "Choubal, Ashish" <ashish.choubal@intel.com>