    RE: CRC vs CHKSUM presentation slides

    To save Julian from having to write a memo I would like to add that the
    ethernet polynomial has a certain weakness for 3 bit errors that the others
    don't. The ethernet polynomial is only guaranteed to catch all combination
    sof 3 bit errors when the message length is up to 12144 bits. For larger
    message lengths some 3 bit errors may get through.
    Vince