    RE: mailing list

    To clarify the point the text in 1.2.2 reads now:

       MaxCmdSN and ExpCmdSN fields are processed as follows:

          -if the PDU MaxCmdSN is less than the PDU ExpCmdSN-1 (in Serial
          Arithmetic Sense and with a difference bounded by 2**31-1), they are
          both ignored
          -if the PDU MaxCmdSN is less than the local MaxCmdSN (in Serial
          Arithmetic Sense and with a difference bounded by 2**31-1), it is
          ignored; else it updates the local MaxCmdSN
          -if the PDU ExpCmdSN is less than the local ExpCmdSN (in Serial
          Arithmetic Sense and with a difference bounded by 2**31-1), it is
          ignored; else it updates the local ExpCmdSN

          And 2.4.9 & 2.4.10 read:

    1.1.1     ExpCmdSN - Next Expected CmdSN from this Initiator

       ExpCmdSN is a Sequence Number that the target iSCSI returns to the
       initiator to acknowledge command reception. It is used to update a local
       register with the same name. An ExpCmdSN equal to MaxCmdSN+1 indicates
       that the target cannot accept new commands.

    1.1.2     MaxCmdSN - Maximum CmdSN Acceptable from this Initiator

       MaxCmdSN is a Sequence Number that the target iSCSI returns to the
       initiator to indicate the maximum CmdSN the initiator can send. It is
       used to update a local register with the same name. If MaxCmdSN is equal
       to ExpCmdSN-1 that indicates to the initiator that the target can't
       receive any additional commands.  When MaxCmdSN changes at the target
       while the target has no pending PDUs to convey this information to the
       initiator it MUST generate a NOP-IN to carry the new MaxCmdSN.

       Julo

    "Ayman Ghanem" <aghanem@cisco.com> on 03-07-2001 05:36:26

    Please respond to "Ayman Ghanem" <aghanem@cisco.com>