    iSCSI: Status'es (clause 2.11.6)

    Folks,

    I have some questions, recommendations and editorial comments about the
    status codes for iSCSI in clause 2.11.6.

    Proxy Required is defined as the response when "the initiator must use an
    ISCSI proxy for this target".  But that isn't defined anywhere in the
    document, so I recommend deleting this status code.

    What's the functional difference between the following: "Security
    negotiation failed" and "Forbidden Target"?  In both cases, the initiator
    doesn't get to use what it thinks is there.  I would think that "Forbidden
    Target" might be a security leak as it admits the fact that the target is
    there, whereas if the initiator only got back failed security, that
    admission wouldn't be made.

    "Target Conflict" and "Service Unavailable" both look more like
    "insufficient resources".  In particular, "Target Conflict" should not be
    limited to a response in the 1->2 or more initiators case but in the n->n+1
    initiators case.  That is, if the target has resources for 'n' logins, it
    can reject another login with "insufficient resources", whether n=1 or
    n=10.   So, I'd suggest that "insufficient resources" is a better catch-all
    for both of these cases.

    We need to clarify the "Session already open" to include language that says
    "with this initiator to this target portal group".

    The sentence immediately after the table says that "accept" means the
    initiator may proceed to issue SCSI commands.  This is only true in a
    Normal session type and is not true for the Discovery session type.  This
    should be clarified.

    Jim Hafner