    Re: iSCSI: Case-sensitivity in iSCSI names

    Robert Snively wrote:

    > I did want to point out one characteristic of this.
    >
    >         Whatever mechanism you use to assign the names SHALL
    >         cross check each name you assign for compliance with
    >         NAMEPREP normalization.

    True, however most of use will likely just assign names using
    digits and lower-case ASCII.  Since those are already normalized,
    anything that generates based on this is OK.  Even if I allow
    a user to enter part of the name, I can still just do tolower()
    and use isalnum() to check that no other characters have been
    added.

    The place where one would have to run NAMEPREP is wherever
    names are generated using characters outside ASCII.  At that
    point, your procedure below must be used.

    --
    Mark A. Bakke
    Cisco Systems