    Re: iSCSI: Case-sensitivity in iSCSI names

    Glen,
    Perhaps I have this wrong, but I think what we are talking about is a Name
    that gets Generated via some sort of Management Tool.  Then the iSCSI
    Initiator, or the iSCSI Target saves the string that the Management or
    Discovery process gives to them.

    This String is then suppose to be able to be use in simple comparisons.
    That is it is the TargetID or InitiatorID, may save the string to be used
    during negations.

    If the manufacture assigns the name, it will also be inserted into the unit
    via some kind of interactive Tool.

    I do not understand why the Target or Initiator needs to have the purifying
    function called "NAMEPREP".  This function should be done on the
    interactive Tool/Management routine, on which the Administrator, (or
    Manufacture) uses to enter the name.

    So I can not see that this causes us any significant problems, and it helps
    the Admin ease of use, and a help in reducing finger ck errors.

    Please set me straight if I have this wrong.

    .
    John L. Hufferd
    Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
    Home Office (408) 997-6136
    Internet address: hufferd@us.ibm.com

    Glen Turner <glen.turner@aarnet.edu.au>@ece.cmu.edu on 07/25/2001 01:03:40
    AM