    iSCSI - three negotiation items

    Going through the list of simplification suggestions,
    I found a few items that look like they
    should be reasonable to deal with on the list.

    (1) For any key that can take a numeric value, could
    we specify the required base for the number, either
    decimal or hex, not both.  The practical issue is that
    the sort of large values used for keys and the like
    in security are much easier to deal with in hex than
    decimal.

    (2) The KRB5 and SPKM inband cryptographic integrity
    digests on p.136 seem to be relics of a prior inband
    approach to security.  Has anyone implemented them?
    Does anyone want them to remain?  Can we just delete
    them?

    (3) Can HeaderDigest and DataDigest be combined?
    If (2) is done, this is about making use of CRC-32C
    a single on/off switch rather than two separate switches
    for header and data?

    Comments?  Objections (with rationale)?

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500