    Re: CmdSN during login

    Julian,

    I tend to agree with Mark and Sanjay.

    In cases where all connections in a session failed and a new
    connection is being added to the existing session state (before
    the session timeout), an initiator must issue the Login as an
    immediate command to avoid the possibility of a deadlock - since
    the initiator does not know for sure if target received all commands
    on the failed connections.

    Since this appears to be a mandatory requirement, I suggest that
    we make it the default behavior - that Login PDUs never *consume*
    CmdSNs (though the leading login carries a valid "seed" CmdSN),
    including the leading login PDU.  There are no conditionals this way.

    Sorry, I can't find the reasoning you offered earlier for rev07
    behavior, in the middle of my travel.  Please comment if I missed
    something.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka